Sunday, November 22, 2015

Homemade Skin Moisturizer

Homemade Skin Moisturizer 


I have been battling with acne most of my life as well as dry skin from the products that I have been using to get rid of the acne. Most products burn or they dry your skin out. I am also one of those people with HIGHLY sensitive skin and I have to use specific shampoos and soaps.

I know a lot of people that are like me that have to have scent free or products that don't contain certain ingredients in them. As of now there are a lot of products that are no longer using and other harmful chemicals. THIS IS A GOOD THING because now more and more of us are becoming allergic.

There are a few solutions I have found as far as self care products. First, I would like to share that shampoo and conditioner that I have found. It is called Avalon Organics B-Complex Shampoo and Conditioner. After doing some research I have found that you can buy it on Jet.com  or Amazon . I tend to check the prices on both sites to see who has the better deal and there are sometimes where I will buy shampoo on Jet and conditioner on Amazon. The reason that I am sharing this is because there are so many of us who think that we can't buy the good stuff and the stuff that works for us because it is too expensive. But if you play your cards right like I did. You will be saving money in the end. I promise!



Now, on to the Skin Moisturizer! 


You will need: 

Small sauce pot 
2 tsp Vegetable Glycerine 
2 tsp Cocoa Butter 
2 tsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp Shea Butter 
3 drops Rose Geranium (or scent of your choice if you use any) 
1 tsp 99% Aloe Vera 
1-4 tins or containers to put the mix into

1) You want to put the sauce pan between low and medium heat. You don't want this to boil

2) Add the Vegetable Glycerine, Aloe, Cocoa butter, Shea butter and Coconut oil and melt it. As soon as it's melted pull it off the heat. 

3) Pour your mixture into a container, add your essential oil if you want, mix it with a spoon and let it sit over night. This will help it all to solidify together. 

USE: 

This will help with dry skin on your face and help to start repairing that areas that have the most problems. Like, dry patches, red spots,etc. This is what I have noticed with myself anyway. This might be different for everyone. 

How much do I use? 

I LITERALLY only use about a dime side or a little less that that because it spreads fairly easy. 


If you try this recipe I would love to see your containers or how you have spiced it up and I would also like to know the results and if it worked for you. There are so many of us with skin irritation issues that we have to modify and sharing those modifications can really help others to find what works for them. 


Take care and happy moisturizing! 



CHEERS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment