Sunday, August 2, 2015

Homemade Pea Soup

Homemade Pea Sou



1 lb Peas 1 Qt Chicken Broth 1-2 C Water 4 Carrots 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion 2 Tsp Celery Seed 2 TBS Garlic Powder2 TBS Chili Powder Salt and Pepper to taste 





If you are cooking in a regular pot: 

1) Put water and chicken broth into a big pot with the peas. 
2) Dice the carrots, onion and garlic and add to the pot. 
3) Put it on medium heat for about 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes check it to see if you need to add more water. 
4) If you added more water, add the spices and let simmer 30 more minutes. 

***Sometimes if it takes longer to cook it just means that your peas are a little older. They should still be okay to eat***















When I made my recipe I had just bought a digital pressure cooker online. I mentioned this in another post. Here is the link to the one I got. If you don't have a digital pressure cooker I HIGHLY suggest getting one. The link that I just provided is for Amazon and that is where I got mine. If you look on the "As Seen on TV" site they are charging almost double what I bought mine for. Mine also came with all the recipe books,etc. If you have always been nervous about pressure cookers HAVE NO FEAR! This one has various setting for veggies, rice, soups, meat,etc. And the only thing you really need to do is push a button! I LOVE THAT! Another plus to this pressure cooker is if you have an outside outlet and it's a REALLY hot day you can just put all the ingredients into it, turn it on and leave it outside until it's all done. Then you release the steam while it's outside and your house won't get hot. 


Happy pea soup eating!! 

CHEERS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment